Monday, August 5, 2013

Decission Time

After leaving the last shelter, we had dinner at the IHop next door.  I only mention this because this meal has become known as the meal from IHop Hell by our family.  Talk about a negative experience!  I won't dwell on it here...really, I have moved on and I've gotten the butter our of my clothes that was dropped on me by the waitress...

Over the feast we enjoyed at IHop we discussed the days adventures.  It was decided that Rogue was our top choice and Micah was our second choice.

That weekend, Brianna was leaving for camp for 2 weeks.  A week later, Gracie joined her for a week at camp.  I did say that I would like to wait until they returned from camp to bring a new dog home.  Everyone agreed.

On Sunday we took Brianna to camp and on the way, we discussed the adoption of a dog in depth.  I was going to bring up the listing for Rogue (see: www.petfinder.com) but it was gone.  It appeared that Rogue had been adopted.

We dropped Brianna off at camp and headed home.

The next morning I called CCHS and asked if Rogue was gone.  They confirmed that she was adopted on Saturday.  I then asked if we could start the process of adoption Micah and was told that he too had an adoption pending.

After that call, Jodi and I had a discussion and decided to drive to Portage County that afternoon to visit Joey, even though I was still a little upset by their policy not to let Ike meet until we started the adoption process.

I left work after lunch, but when I got Jodi, I mentioned going to CCHS again.  They had a lot of dogs we didn't look at and we all liked the facility the best.  So we changed gears and went to Neillsville again.

When we walked in the door, I introduced myself and mentioned that I was the person who had called about Rogue and Micah and that we were here to start looking again.

The lady asked if I had gotten the email she sent a short time ago and I told her that I had not.  She smiled and said, Rogue is back.  Her adopters had her for less than 48 hours and returned her because she was apparently "an outside dog".

We took her outside and walked with Ike again.  They did better.  We walked back in and asked what we needed to do to adopt her.

We filled out the application and were approved for adoption.  We decided to come back on Wednesday to get Rogue as we were not prepared to take her home that day.

After meeting Rogue, then losing her to another family...only to have her available again, we knew we had the right dog.

All of these dogs have stories to tell and love to give.  Rogue's story is one of a rescue that endured a very difficult situation and is alive today to live out her life the way a dog should...as a member of a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment