Monday, August 12, 2013

Acting Guilty

Sunday afternoon was pretty laid back at our house.  There was some laundry done, a little cleaning and a lot of relaxing.

We were going to take some pictures of Rogue to post on Facebook.  All of her puppies were adopted from CCHS and we thought we would post a photo of Mom to the Facebook posts that show her puppies with their new owners.

I got down on the floor and called Rogue so I could take a few pictures.  She came in, then stopped dead in her tracks and laid down like this and wouldn't move.  I had no idea why...she always comes running and usually right into your lap.

As I moved around I realized the floor was still wet from the shampooing I gave it on Saturday...then I realized that spot I was sitting in was more wet than the surrounding area...of course, being a parent, I instantly stuck my nose into the carpet and immediately realized why Rogue wasn't interested in coming any closer.  Accident.

She's doing remarkably well.  Positive reinforcement works great with her.  The fact that she knew what she did was wrong is promising.  She has done a good job of holding it through the night.  We even let her free roam in the bedroom at night and have only had a few accidents.  As long as she is out first thing in the morning and right before bed, she is fine.

What happened on Sunday, I can't be sure.  With 6 people and 2 dogs in our house, its easy for things to get overlooked, like making sure she gets out every couple of hours.  I think we need more training...not just Rogue.

The fact that she can't hide her guilt might be one of the best things about her!

I'll stay right here, thank you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment